Assistant Property Manager
Our ideal candidate would be familiar with the multi-family housing industry. However, we are willing to train on some aspects of this position. Our assistant property manager will support our senior management team by helping to oversee the performance of our multi-unit residential properties and will ensure that owners’ real estate investments achieve expected revenues.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
On-Call duties will be required after a probationary period.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assist with helping process resident application, rent increases, utility allowance changes, occupancy level, controlled expenses, customer satisfaction, REAC/Agency Inspections, etc.
- Reviewing resident selection procedures to ensure adherence to Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria, as well as all targeted occupancy requirements.
- Assist and keep track of tenant applications on the “waitlist;” read, review, and file all received applications; determine if applicants meet property specific requirements.
- Respond to life safety emergencies and other critical incidents; coordinate the response of site personnel and the notification of public safety agencies; notify the Senior Property Manager or On-site Property Manager (as well as other company management personnel) as required by emergency protocols.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to prepare vacant units for new tenants; prepare property notices and meet in person with prospective tenants to show vacant apartments or office space when others are not available.
- Collect and disseminate data on workorders, staff and leasing performance to ensure expectations are being met within the company.
- Meet in-person with current residents, handle requests for assistance or investigate and resolve complaints from tenants.
- Assist the Senior Property Manager or On-site Property Manager in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews.
- Troubleshoot software issues and assist managers with other company policy issues as needed.
- Develop training material for resident managers and other company staff by presenting their needed training in a classroom setting.
- Prepare and review the monthly reconciliation of our company priorities calendar, phone lists and staff schedules.
- Assist in the hiring process of potential candidates through the company including maintenance, resident manager, and corporate positions.
- Review aged receivables/payables.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 3 years related property management experience preferred
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in property management, tax credit, COS, or Rural Development training
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with online property management systems such as Entrata, Yardi and RentPath
- Strong work ethic and a self-starting personality
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based upon experience and a wonderful benefits package.
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
We have lots of properties in our portfolio, we may just have something waiting for you!
The Wooten Company, LLC offers a competitive benefits package which includes Health, Dental, and 401K.
To Apply, fill out our Online Application
The Wooten Company, LLC is a Equal Opportunity Employer.